Nov 28, 2006

Tom Waits - Bone Machine (1992)

For those of you that know me, will know that I have had a love affair with Mr. Waits that has run for almost five years now - and shows little sign of letting up. Bone Machine marks the fourteenth Tom Waits album in my collection, and I now found myself wondering why it has taken me so long to own it. Released on Island Records in 1992, I believe it is one of the great man's best (not that I like to choose favourites). It is the perfect mix of Waits' more eccentric leanings, and the slower balladry that so many love him for. I think it is probably his most accessible album since things took a strange, but cool, turn on Swordfishtrombones. Whether you like 70's TomWaits ot 80's Tom Waits (or have no idea what the difference is), Bone Machine is a fanastic album for those familiar with him, or a great starting point for those not yet fortunate enough to have Tom Waits in the life. Guests on the album include Les Claypool from Primus and Keith Richards.

http://www.anti.com/artist.php?id=1